Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 8: Webtools


This assignment was very interesting. While creating the various products I learned a lot of valuable information. The information that I obtained will definitely be used in my classroom. I had no idea that these tools existed. Using these tools makes creating interactive puzzles, online quizzes, rubrics for various projects and trackstars a piece of cake! Trackstar is amazing,which made it my favorite project from this assignment.This is a great resource for teachers and students to use. From looking at the example the assignment looked very hard. After viewing the tutorial and getting further into the assignment I found it be very easy. Though creating the puzzle and quiz were easy I had somewhat of a problem saving them in google docs. After several attempts I thought I'd found a solution, which involved exporting the bookmarks and saving them to my desktop. Once I saved them to my desktop I uploaded them to google docs as links. This still was correct. After viewing the tutorial Dr. Wang provided I finally got it right (I hope). Click on the links below and let me know what you think.

Webtools:
Rubric
Puzzle
Quiz, Answer Sheet
Trackstar

2 comments:

  1. Hope, I am glad that you get to know some tools which can be used in class. It is very normal to encounter different kind of problems when working on these tools before they are new to you. This is the learning process. You won't have the same problems once you get familiar with them. I would like to share more of your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had much of the same problems. Since some of these sites have fees for the full version, they make it hard to export what you have done if you are not paying for it. This is unfortunate, and would probably result in my not using the tools.

    I did however love the rubric tool, as well as TrackStar. I also felt unsure and perhaps overwhelmed by the TrackStar, but after viewing the tutorial i figured out it was really quite simple!

    ReplyDelete